RE/MAX of Western Canada is proud to support National Organ and Tissue Donation Awareness Week every April. With the continued support of RE/MAX of Western Canada and other organizations helping spread the word on the need for organ donors, we can help increase the number of donors across Western Canada.
- In 2018, over 4,300 people were waiting for organ transplants.
- 2,782 organs were transplanted in 2018 and 223 people died waiting for a transplant.
- More than 1,600 Canadians are added to the organ wait lists yearly.
- 90% of Canadians support organ and tissue donation but less than 20% have made plans to donate.
- One donor can benefit more than 75 people and save up to 8 lives.
To become an organ donor in your province, find the link below: